Re: Can I resize my partition after installation ?

Andrew Barr wrote:
On Jun 21, 2007, at 12:07 AM, arijit sarkar wrote:
So, can i resize my /home now to make space for second root.
or I have to reformat and do it again.

Sure you can.

Boot from a rescue CD, or better yet, a Debian or Ubuntu live CD, and use parted or one of it's GUI frontends to reconfigure your hard disk layout to your liking.

Alternatively, e2resize is available but requires you to manually update your partition table, which can lead to data loss and corruption if you don't do it correctly.

Did you mean resize2fs? I could not find e2resize anywhere.

Hugo

(g)parted on a live CD is your best option.

Regards,
Andrew Barr