Re: screenshot

* Frank McCormick (fmccormick@videotron.ca) wrote:

> Anybody know of relatively simple software to take screenshots of the
> dexktop or of windows of applications. Gnome-utils contains a screenshot
> maker but its a 6 meg download and am 18 meg installation!!

I believe the Gimp has a pretty straightforward tool for this.  And
there is import that comes with ImageMagick.  It is a commandline app
and works very well, in my experience.  The online documentation has
always seemed very lacking, but there are very comprehensive sets
somewhere on the internet, but I cannot recall where exactly.  I
usually have to do a google search everytime I need to figure out a
flag.

Patrick