Re: Debian only sees 885.5 MiB memory

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:04:32 +0200
Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr> wrote:

> > > Sorry. Not sure on that. Where (showing my ignorance) would I check that
> > > out?
> >
> > dmesg | grep framebuffer
>
> That's just returned me to the prompt. So is that a yes, or a no?
>
> Nigel.

Then doesn't look like you have any framebuffer driver memory reserved, I have an ASUS mb with
256M ram and 64 video onboard ati radeon express 200 series and share 64m with ram, the funny thing
it's that in the bios doesn't have any option that refers to hat, just I know that I have 64 megs
of shared memory guessing, and I don't have any framebuffer active, my linux box (2.6.21.5) detects
192 Megs of phisical memory, end of story to me, consider that  in the desing of this mob
includes this requirement as a must to work, for now good luck.

Sorry for the crazy english.
Greetings From Cuba.
Orestes.

--