dns zone file help

Hi,

I am having one of our clients zone file from another isp provider where currently dns hosting.They want to move to our service provider.Now i want to create an existing zone file in my server with all the existing name server,soa,mx records is it ok to create existing zone file in to my dns server pointing to other servers settings.

I need to take care of anything or just i can create existing zone file settings into my dns server

Thanks for your help

Best Regards