Re: Debian OS Backup

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 01:03:33PM -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
Note that the use of external drives like USB for "disaster recovery"
is not a very good idea. You need to store your backups remote from the
computer being backed up, and you need at least three backups used in
rotation. So, using a USB drive is expensive and subject to losing
data during transport.

What do you suggest?  Tape drives are pricy compared to a 2.5" laptop

Tape drives are indeed pricey. But the tapes are more robust than
discs. I use CDROMs. But I can fit a backup on just three of them.
If you are backing up many many gigs, then your best bet is still
a tape drive.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.