adduser: Only one or two names allowed.

Hi,

I want to add another user to my system, but adduser won't let me.
It complains with the error msg: adduser: Only one or two names allowed.
I wanted to add a user with the user name "guest", but other names are
also rejected. My guess is these two users are root & me (manon).
BTW: I'm not running Debian in single user mode.

Why can't I add a third user to my system?

Besides that, I've lost my nice little kdm login window (to login to kde).
If I can't add another user anyway, how do I at least get that window back?

Linux debian 2.6.18-4-486 #1 Wed May 9 22:23:40 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

Thanks in advance, Manon.