Re: Postfix delay?

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:47:23 -0500

I Apologies for that, sorry Ron! and all the list :(

> On 06/16/07 08:41, Orestes leal wrote:
> > Hi people and good morning!
>
> (Please don't hijack threads.)
>

> (Also, line formatting and extra paragraphs makes emails easier to
> read.)

Well, i'm new with Sylpheed and i'm in the process of make the unfamiliar -> familiar.

> > The little problem it's the following, I have a small server for
> > the lan, i've setup postfix and ran ok but every time that I or
> > my users send an email the window of the MUA (outlook,
> > sylphedd)client that saids 'conecting to the smtp server at IP'
> > or something like that and show the progress, this window
> > *always* stay for about 20 seconds or so, instead of send the
> > email quickly without waiting, one detail it's that i have a
> > relay host directive with my relay server at my ISP, I have been
> > trying with the disable_dns_lookups = yes in main.cf but I don't
> > know how fix this problem, as always some help be gratefull
> > received
>
> Hi, Orestes.
>
> I'm glad you are making progress!

Thanks my friend, i've setup getmail (retrieving all mail from my 7 accounts), a pop3 server, postfix delivery to a relay host at my isp, all this thanks to your recomendations and to the other folks too!,i'm not new to the linux world but to get this kind of services running yes i am.

> /var/log/mail.log and /var/log/mail.err should be a big help in
> diagnosing your problem.

Well, the log that i've setup it's /var/log/fetchmail.log and the output of a single session it's a little weird for me, look!

***
fetchmail: starting fetchmail 6.3.6 daemon
fetchmail: 6.3.6 querying 192.168.54.3 (protocol POP3) at Sat Jun 16 16:00:13 2007: poll started
fetchmail: Trying to connect to 192.168.54.3/110...connected.
fetchmail: POP3< +OK dovecot ready.
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< +OK
fetchmail: POP3< CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< TOP
fetchmail: POP3< USER
fetchmail: POP3< UIDL
fetchmail: POP3< RESP-CODES
fetchmail: POP3< STLS
fetchmail: POP3< SASL PLAIN
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: POP3> STLS
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Begin TLS negotiation now.
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: SomeOrganization
fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: localhost.localdomain
fetchmail: Server CommonName: localhost.localdomain
fetchmail: Server CommonName mismatch: localhost.localdomain != 192.168.54.3
fetchmail: 192.168.54.3 key fingerprint: 4F:B2:4E:55:8C:D2:39:45:62:EC:74:7C:FE:2F:69:4C
fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: self signed certificate
fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: certificate has expired
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< +OK
fetchmail: POP3< CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< TOP
fetchmail: POP3< USER
fetchmail: POP3< UIDL
fetchmail: POP3< RESP-CODES
fetchmail: POP3< SASL PLAIN
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: 192.168.54.3: upgrade to TLS succeeded.
fetchmail: POP3> USER orestesleal13022
fetchmail: POP3< +OK
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Logged in.
fetchmail: selecting or re-polling default folder
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 0 0
fetchmail: No mail for orestesleal13022 at 192.168.54.3
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Logging out.
fetchmail: 6.3.6 querying 192.168.54.3 (protocol POP3) at Sat Jun 16 16:00:17 2007: poll completed
fetchmail: not swapping UID lists, no UIDs seen this query
fetchmail: Query status=1 (NOMAIL)
fetchmail: Deleting fetchids file.
fetchmail: sleeping at Sat Jun 16 16:00:17 2007 for 1000 seconds
*****

That localhost.localdomain it's on my server and I don't know why all the certificates things happen, but any comments are welcome.

> Ron Johnson, Jr.
> Jefferson LA  USA

Greetings From Cuba and, Ron!, Smoke a Cigar For Me !!

Orestes