Re: Issues dist-upgrading Etch to Lenny - 1 week old

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 10:26:14PM -0700, David Fox wrote:
> Hi everyone - after running Etch for about 1 month or so after Etch went stable
> (and having prior running the then-testing
> branch (etch) for quite sometime, I decided to update my system to Lenny, after
> fixing my bandwidth situation after the
> move last month.

<lots of apt-get attempts>
> Score is -944
>
> Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]
>
> And here it just goes positively haywire. I've obviously deferred doing the
> Accept thing because it could easily break my system.
>
> So, is the upshot "just wait a while"? Any suggestions are appreciated.
You are transitioning from 'stable' to an early version of 'testing'.
Proceed with caution. I see the tetex to texlive transition and you seem
to have gnome and xfce4 install. I like to either install a few packages
at a time or use the interactive mode of aptitiude to resolve the
'broken' packages with 'g' to upgrade and 'b' to search for broken
packages, then use '+' to fix the issue if possible.
Upgrades in Debian are one-way in all but a few rare cases.
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|