Re: Software updates?

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 10:33:41PM -0400, Eric A. Bonney wrote:
> I have 3 different machines all running Debian.  On one of the machines
> there are always updates that are needing to be applied.  On the other
> two I don't ever see anything that needs to be applied and we have just
> about the same packages on all three machines.
>
> Is there a feature somewhere that I might have setup on the two machines
> to automatically apply the updates without asking me?  I have compared
> the /etc/apt/source.lst files and they all are the same, so I am
> wondering if it is something I did on the desktop?

Even though the sources list are all the same, that doesn't tell us what
they are.  Send them along.  It also depends on if the one 'busy' box
has a lot more packages installed.

OTOH, I'm running Etch on three boxes.  I just did a minimal install on
a 486 (surrogatly) and the only security update is the kernel.

My other i386 box that I installed fro CD1 has more stuff and I think it
has had more updates required.

My third box is an amd64 that I've been running since Etch was beta-3;
it has has _many_ updates.

Doug.