Re: resizing pictures and EXIF

Hi!

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 04:07:39PM +0200, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> does anyone know good way how to resize jpg pictures and preserve EXIF
> at the same time, preferably using graphics/imagemagick? it seems that
> graphicsmagick removes the EXIF information, but maybe there is some
> option i missed :(

I just resize a 60 jpg images with my bash script (see the attachment).

I open such an image and see the image info: there I can see the EXIF
information out there:
Profile-exif: 34883 bytes

and after thet follows a lot of numbers in hexadecimal format.

I don't know about EXIF information, what it is, but I suggest that you
try my script and resize your pictures (copy them in another directory
& there resize them!) and after that open such an image with display
command and see the image info (right click / menu / Image Info)!

--
Regards, Paul Csányi
#!/bin/sh