Re: Anyone have success with bootsplash package?

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:00:18 +0200, Nyizsnyik Ferenc wrote:
> I'm using vga=791. The splash image displays at the grub screen, and the
> boot messages are "nice". (No graphics, but small and nice characters -
> haven't counted rows nor columns, but framebuffer must be working.)
> I have an nVidia GeForce4 video card and a Compaq 7550 monitor, using a
> stock 2.6.18 kernel.

Thats grub-splashimages, not bootsplash.

Anyway, I've got bootsplash working. I installed bootsplash, bootsplash-
themes-debian, linux-patch-bootsplash and had to build a new kernel using
the bootsplash patch.

Install the full kernel sources, copy /boot/config* to /usr/src/linux-
source*/.config then
"make-kpkg --version=custom1 --added-patches=bootsplash kernel-image"

(but there's a bit more to kernel-building than that)

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve@patter.mine.nu :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: patter@jabber.earth.li