Re: udev rule writing help needed

<rant>

Sheesh talk about jumping through hoops. Udev was supposed to be so
great and make life easier? haha that sure turned out great eh? Give
me back devfs! I seriously hope kernel architects drop udev in the
future (Please Lord) and go back to the devfs extensions which were
already in the pipeline and were superior solutions in some top kernel
peoples' minds. Linux politics at work I guess :-( Can you imagine a
newbie to moderate Linux user having to write such complex rules and
shell scripts just to setup a device? They will be RUNNING back to
Windoze. Hope Linux kernel team keeps this in mind and dumps udev or
makes it MAGNITUDES simpler to manage.

</rant>

Zach