Re: Where's OO.o's Hyphenation for US English?

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Kent West wrote:
Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:
Kent West wrote:
I'm currently running Etch, and just realized that the Hyphenation module in OpenOffice.org is not installed.

So I've gone looking for it, and can not find the US English version. Google's not much help either.

I've tried:
 sudo aptitude search ...
  <snip>
Where's the English hyphenation located?

Mumia wrote:
I suggest adding Sarge to you sources.list and trying to get the package from Sarge.

And Sjoerd wrote:
>From within OpenOffice.org:
File > Wizards > Install new dictionaries...

Select 'English' and 'Start DicOOo',
skip the 'Speller checking dictionaries',
and select 'English (United States)' from the list of 'Hyphenation
dictionaries'.

I didn't get around to Mumia's suggestion until I got Sjoerd's. Sjoerd's worked fine.

But the spelling on their wizard for the spell-check dictionaries is rather ironic: http://www.acu.edu/~westk/dict.jpg

Thanks!

It gets worse: try going along with the "wizzard" and progress bars fill w/o progress while empty windows appear: the best M$ tradition...

I had to exit fvwm to get rid of the thing. What a mess.