Re: non-packaged window managers?

El mar, 12-06-2007 a las 19:11 -0400, Zach escribió:
> I wanted to try some window managers (and add ons) not yet packaged
> for debian testing.  What is best way to handle it? And I want to
> update the Debian Menu so I can choose this custom wm from my other
> Debian-aware wms and I also wish to add the Debian Menu to my custom
> wm. And I want to add my custom wm to gdm.

I think the best way to handle it is using the Debian way for compiling:
aptitude show dpkg-dev
aptitude show dh-make

The entries on the debian menu are in /usr/share/applications, check out
the syntax of the files there.

Usually the debian menu will be there, if it's not you'll have to look
at the wm docs and learn how to tell the menu where to find the menu
entries.

To add the wm to gdm check /usr/share/xsessions .

Gabriel.

--
Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there's no difference between theory and practice."