Re: Kernel building not idempotent?

(Sorry if this breaks threading. I had forgotten to mention that I am not
subscribed to the list.)

Wackojacko wrote:
> Caeles wrote:
> >                              [...] the custom kernel does not use an
> > initramfs [...]
>
> Thought so, his is the problem. Debian kernels build the majority of
> the drivers as modules and include them in an initrd. You need to pass
> the --initrd option to make-kpkg when building the kernel.

Thanks a lot! That did the trick.

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> Not that it helps, but why do you need a custom kernel?  What hardware
> do you have that doesn't work?

Maybe I don't need a custom kernel. I just like to make a specialized
one. So far, sound does not work. But I have not looked into the problem.
So I cannot actually claim it was the kernel's fault. Will do that later.

Regards,

  Mark Weyer