Re: problem: nvidia module not loading after updating Xorg

arijit wrote:
Hi all,

I've just updated Xorg packages though synaptic.
But after system restart, i am unable to start X-server.
Error shown : unable to load module: nvidia
right now I've switched to 'vesa' but I want to use 'nvidia'.

Also when i use "nvidia-settings", i get this error:
$ nvidia-settings
ERROR: NV-CONTROL extension not found on this Display.
ERROR: Unable to determine number of NVIDIA GPUs on ':0.0'.
ERROR: Unable to determine number of NVIDIA Frame Lock Devices on ':0.0'.

Here's the some output from Xorg.log:-
II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module nvidia
(II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
(EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (module does not exist, 0)

How can i solve this?
I was using "nvidia-glx", NVIDIA binary XFree86 4.x driver version: 1.0.8766-4

--

/Arijit Sarkar/
/Kolkata, India/

Evolution on Debian testing

Did you also upgrade the kernel? If so, you need to re-run the nvidia installation script to either install a pre-compiled, or to compile and install a custom, Nvidia driver.

--
Bob McGowan