Re: Software for email merging

On 06/11/07 13:19, massimo.modica@tin.it wrote:
Hi,
I'm doing a free software migration and I need to replace an application for email merging called World Merge:

http://www.coloradosoft.com/worldmrg

It's used to send customized newsletters to firm's clients.
Does anybody know about an any existing - or in development - equivalent?

To integrate into Thunderbird, or run stand-alone?

(How will you get your contact information from Windows to Linux?)

Will you be running this, or will a scared non-techie be doing it?

If this were *me*, I'd use the Iceape html designer to make the pages (using brackets or some such for the "field" data), then write a Python (since it has built-in libraries for parsing HTML, "doing" SMTP and GTK/Qt for if you really need a GUI front-end) program to do the merging and emailing.

Your needs may differ, of course.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA