Re: em8300 DXR3 anyone?

On 6/9/07, Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 09:14:16AM -0500, Lance Simmons wrote:

How do you know it is not working?  Are you getting some sort of error
message?

Sorry, I should have been clearer.  Current versions of libxine1 _do_
support em8300, but only when the file being played is an mpeg, since
the em8300 only recognizes mpeg.  The earlier versions of libxine1
converted other formats into mpeg and hence allow em8300 to display
them, but the current versions don't.

The documentation file /usr/share/doc/libxine1/README.dxr3.gz says:

Non-mpeg video may be AVI, quicktime, windows media files or whatever
else xine can decode.

This option must be compiled in and requires a supported mpeg encoder.
At the moment there are three:
- libavcodec from xine-lib's ffmpeg plugin (good quality, quite fast)
- libfame from fame.sourceforge.net (very fast, good quality)
 (currently the 0.9 versions of libfame don't work, use the 0.8 versions)
- librte (version 0.4) from zapping.sourceforge.net (fast, very good quality)
If configure finds one or both it will compile in encoding support into
the dxr3 driver.

The error message I get, when I run 'xine --verbose test.avi' is:

ffmpeg_video_dec: couldn't find ffmpeg decoder for buf type 0x21D0000
xiTK received SIGSEGV signal, RIP.

I've tried compiling all the libxine1 and xine-ui packages, but it
hasn't helped, and I'm not sure how to do the configuration.

--
Lance Simmons