Re: problems with totem

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 14:53:11 -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have done a fresh install of etch. When i try to view a video with
> totem, nothing is shown, the totem screen is black, but sound is ok. I
> can listen the sound but nothjing appears in totem screen. This happens
> with video files in mpg, mov or even with a dvd film (after installing
> libdvdcss2 (1.2.9-0.0))
>
> Any help will be very welcome

Run totem from a X terminal; maybe there will be a clue from an error
message. Also, check ~/.xsession-errors after you try to play a video.

This could be due to missing support for certain video codecs, or due to
a problem with your XVideo support. To check for the latter, please post
the output of the following commands:

lspci | egrep -i 'vga|video|display'

egrep '^\((EE|WW)\)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log

egrep 'XVideo|VidMode' /var/log/Xorg.0.log

xvinfo

          Florian   |