Re: Debian OS Backup

Jacob Ramirez wrote:
We are running linux with Debian OS. I am new to using linux and debian. Can I use an external hard drive to backup the operating system and files on our linux servers? If so, how do I create a full backup of the system for disaster recovery? Is it easy to restore if there is a need?

Is there documentation somewhere that I can read that explains how to do this? Thanks for your help in advance.

ondo and mondo-doc packages can do the job for you. Other options are dar, bacula, dirvish, afbackup, etc.
PS: sorry, sent to OP earlier!