Re: Questions regarding apache2 authentication using either Pam or MySQL

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 09:54:57PM -0400, Eric A. Bonney wrote:

> Great, I am used to using the command line and phpmyadmin.  Only
> question I have is can MySQL and pgsql exist on the same server?  I am
> tied to MySQL for one of the apps that I am using now.

Well, then you should not have any problems.  MySQL and PostgreSQL can
coexist on the same machine (they use different UNIX domain sockets and
different standard TCP ports for communication).  While phppgadmin is a
separate project from phpmyadmin, I believe that one tries to stay
fairly close to the other with respect to the user interface and the
implemented features.  You should not have much trouble switching
between the two.  The command line interface is also fairly similar, but
then how different can SQL command lines be?

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez