Re: Emacs 22 for Etch

On 6/5/07, Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
I don't use emacs, however my search of what is in Etch leads me to
believe that only emacs 20 and 21 are available in Etch.  If you can't
find a backport, you can always get the source package and backport it
yourself:

http://people.connexer.com/~roberto/howtos/debcustomize

How do you build the package if you can't get the dsc file or a source
from a debian repo?  Can I get normal emacs source package and then
use the tutorial to build it? I got confused reading th etutorial how
to do this in case I get the source from a non debian site. It may be
helpful to include this info in the tutorial I think.

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.