Re: [OT] Re: installing tutos2 - not yet solved

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 11:41:02AM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

> > > I purge everything: tutos2, postgresql, mysql, php4 and install these
> > > once again. Now I can get the error message in my webbrowser, if try to
> > > open http://csanyi-pal.info/tutos/php/admin/scheme.php
> >
> > I edit again carefully the /etc/tutos/config.php and now I can to run
> > http://csanyi-pal.info/tutos/php/admin/scheme.php
> >
> > and can to login with the superuser account.
> >
> > I get only the error message about SQL syntacs error and can't to
> > create calendar tables in the tutos database.
> >
> > The Debian TUTOS package IMHO isn't fully compatible with the
> > mysql-server version on the Etch release, I think.
> >
> Interesting.  You might want to review the bug reports for tutos and see
> if this has already been reported.  If not, It might be a good idea to
> report a bug.

I run reportbug and find this information about tutos2 & mysql:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=353981&archived=False&mbox=no

"When I was paid to develop TUTOS 2 branch, we made the choice to only
support PostgreSQL, our RDBM of choice. And I wrote some complex queries
involving a syntax MySQL wouldn't be able to understand.

The MySQL support in TUTOS was from there broken, but I forgot to mark
this in the debian package. Our way to resolve the debian bug was to
effectively mark tutos as being a PostgreSQL only project, a decision
 taken two years ago."

Now I must to try again to install tutos2 with postgresql, because, as
I figure out, tutos2 support only postgresql, isn't?

--
Regards, Paul Csányi