Re: Linksys wireless nic

Randy Patterson wrote:

I don't want to start a "hold my hand setting up my wireless card" type of thread. But so far the LinuxAnt option seems to be my only option for the LInksys wmp54g card. If there is a better solution then I would appreciate being pointed in that direction. I just found a couple of Howtos from the LDP on wireless that I am about to read. That might help me as well.

I have a Linksys WMP54G working in a dektop running Debian Etch. lspci shows this:
~$ lspci | grep -i network
01:01.0 Network controller: RaLink RT2500 802.11g Cardbus/mini-PCI (rev 01)

and given this chipset on the wireless card, I make it work using the rt2500pci module (by installing rt2x00-source package and using module-assistant to install the module).

->HS
PS: I am using this on a WPA encrypted wireless network at home.