Re: [OT] I also am AAAAANGRY (was Re: I am ANGRY with Debian.)

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 06:16:46AM -0500, Klein Moebius wrote:
> * Carl Fink <carl@finknetwork.com> [2007-05-31 21:58:47 -0400]:
>

> > In fact, at the time of the naming (1776), there were no other recognized
> > "states" in the Americas.  Just colonies.
>
> I think Hopi, Navajo, Pueblo, Apache, Kiowa, Nez Perce, Sioux,
> Blackfoot, and a host of other peoples I've failed to mention here would
> take issue with that statement.

Why?  They were not states, or at least not nation-states.

The Aztecs and Incas had nation-states.  The Maya and other Mesoamerican
peoples had city-states.  By 1776 they had been crushed.  In that time
period, the North American Indians were not organized into nation-states
(although apparently peoples like the Mound Builders had been in the past).
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!