Re: Making Deb Packages

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 02:22:35PM +0300, Chaim Keren Tzion wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I get started making my own debian package files from source.

The definitive resource of this is probably
    http://www.debian.org/devel
starting at:
    http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/

> I need to use non-debian source, ie. a spanking new ffmpeg source from
> svn.

Since ffmpeg has been debianized already, you should be able to save a
*LOT* of time by looking at the .diff for the existing package and using
that for yours.

If you want a newer version of ffmpeg than is in Debian, you may want to
look at www.debian-multimedia.org - they should have a later version of
ffmpeg already debianized.

Hope this helps

--