Re: internet runs-stops, runs-stops, runs-stops.....

On 5/29/07, Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 10:15:14AM +0530, arnuld wrote:

> every time, when i boot up, i also get this message: "internet
> superserver disabled"

Normal unless you're running services out of inetd.

this is my home box. single PC running GNU :-)

I've never used dhcp so I don't know how it integrates with /etc/hosts.
If eth0 was setup manually, your /etc/hosts file would look something
like mine:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
192.168.1.1     debian.planet           debian

If your network is planet, and this box on your network is debian, then
having that show in your /etc/hosts file as 127.* will be a source of
confusion or errors.  You need them to point to your network.

as i said it is my home box, no network. Debian asked during
installation so i just gave it my favorite host and domain names. any
problem with this ?

my ADSL Modem has address 192.168.0.1 (which is the default gateway)

Since it is your network, can you try manually configuring it and not
use dhcp to see if the problem persists?

OK, i will try this 1st and then will report back

--
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/