Re: XFS Filesystem problem

Andreas Grabner wrote:
Hi,
can anybody explain the following to me? It happens in full production
use. Should i change back to ext3 ?

---------------------------------------
kernel BUG at fs/xfs/support/debug.c:57!
[...]

Hi.
I'm having a problem with xfs but it's not a bug of the kernel (i suppose).
I'm using a kernel 2.6.21.3 compiled by mysqlf and debian etch.
Xfs is on a raid 5 and is driving some terabytes of data.
Actually is working well, but i got some problems with the xfs tools.
I need to implement the project quota (per directory quota) and i get strange result:

srv-file:/home/pier# cat /etc/projects
# comments are hash-prefixed
# ...
10:/mnt/dati/old_db
20:/home/redazione

srv-file:/home/pier# cat /etc/projid
# comments are hash-prefixed
# ...
10:olddb
20:home_redazione

srv-file:/home/pier# xfs_quota -x -c report
Project quota on /home (/dev/sdb1)
                               Blocks
Project ID       Used       Soft       Hard    Warn/Grace
---------- --------------------------------------------------
10            3200436          0          0     00 [--------]
20            3200436          0          0     00 [--------]

Project quota on /mnt/dati (/dev/sdb2)
                               Blocks
Project ID       Used       Soft       Hard    Warn/Grace
---------- --------------------------------------------------
10          206160644          0          0     00 [--------]
20          206160644          0          0     00 [--------]

I see there isnt set any limit (soft or hard) and why it says both "projects" are on both directory?
The xfs_quota(8) man page should be also changed:

xfs_quota -x -c ’projects -c logfiles’

This is not correct, should be:

xfs_quota -x -c 'project -c logfiles'

Another problem is that i have to use number instead of names:

xfs_quota -x -c 'project -c 10'

Should i submit a reportbug?

Pier