Re: XP and Debian: dual boot?

On Mon, 28 May 2007 22:25:15 -0700, <Sambesi@gmail.com> wrote:

I am planning to install the Debian with my XP as a dual boot. Any
suggestions where to go to find some nice guidelines for this
process...?

Usually Debian will detect your Windows partition and add an entry
for you automatically.

If it doesn't, here's mine (added at the end of /boot/grub/menu.lst):

# This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for a non-linux OS
# on /dev/hdd2
title           Microsoft Windows XP Professional
root            (hd2,1)
savedefault
chainloader     +1

Make sure you change (hd2,1) for your Windows partition. Numbers are
zero-based, so (hd0,0) is the same as your first hard disk, first partition.

--
Octavio.