suspend to RAM not waking up

Hello

Whenever I try to suspend to RAM my laptop (Amilo 1425 running Etch) hangs when trying to wake it up by pressing the power button. I believe it hangs for I can't switch it off unless holding the button for several seconds, discarding therefore a merely blank screen problem.

Issuing "s2ram" works, though (but not "hibernate"). I first played with the VBE options in /etc/hibernate/*.conf, but to no avail. I then changed /etc/acpi/events/sleepbt from

action=/etc/acpi/sleep.sh to
action=/usr/sbin/s2ram

but what it now does is shutting down inmediately after it wakes up. I checked the powerbt.sh and it does the following:

#If powersaved is running, let it process the acpi event

if pidof powersaved; then
   exit 0
fi

if ps -Af ¦ grep -q '[k]desktop' && test -f /usr/bin/dcop
then
    dcop --all-sessions --all users ksmserver logout 0 2 0 && exit 0
else
    /sbin/shutdown -h now "Power button pressed"
fi

I don't know when the powersaved is called nor where its configuration files are. Neither I know what the dcop lines are.

I noticed as well than when I press the power button (not suspending here) I'm shown the gnome window asking what do I want to do, but this dissapears before I can do anything and the computer shuts down.

I've already run out of ideas, does anybody have any suggestion?

Regards