Re: OpenGL rendering problem

Eftaxiopoulos Dimitrios wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> The output of
>
> LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo
>
> is
[...]
> direct rendering: Yes

So, all seems to be configured correctly and direct rendering works...

[...]
>>> I use Debian testing (lenny) on an i386 laptop. I use the  commercial
>>> finite element package ABAQUS and when I lauch its graphical environment
>>> ABAQUS/CAE, I get the warning
>>>
>>> eftaxiop@filippos:~$ /opt/abaqus/Commands/abaqus cae
>>> ABAQUS License Manager checked out the following license(s):
>>> "cae" version 6.5 from 147.102.246.1
>>> <9 out of 10 licenses remain available>.
>>> X Error: code 155 major 143 minor 5: GLXBadContext.
>>>
>>> Warning: Your system needs to be reconfigured to allow OpenGL
>>> rendering to a pixmap or PBuffer; otherwise, you will not be
>>> able to print or use the probe function in ABAQUS/Viewer.

Here I don't have a clue. Is it a PCIE or AGB card you are using? On my
laptop the r300 driver is used but I have no access to ABAQUS. In the
Xorg configuration file /etc/X11/xorg.conf my device section looks like this

Section "Device"
  Identifier  "ATI Mobility FireGL V3100"
  Driver      "ati"
  Option      "EnableDepthMoves"
  Option      "EnablePageFlip"
  Option      "DynamicClocks"
EndSection

Maybe you find some hints in the log file /var/log/Xorg.0.log ?
--
Regards,
Jörg-Volker.