Re: PPPoE protection

ccostin wrote:
Hello

What are the best combination of values for  lcp-echo-interval,
lcp-echo-failure, lcp-restart, lcp-max-terminate or other parameters,
to protect a PPPoE link against ARP requests floods or UDP floods
(generated by M$ SQL worms) wich cause PPPoE interface (ppp0) or pppd
daemon to crash frequently ?

ppp0 interface  is connected to eth0, authentication is made using a
combination of username/password. eth0 is connected to directly to ISP
(which use a fiber optic network if it matter)

I am using the debian package to connect my router (running Debian Testing) to my DSL connection. The ppp daemon runs with its default parameters and I haven't seen any serious connection drops. From my experience, the daemon reconnects on an average (non-scientifically) every 2 to 3 weeks or so. Since the ARP and UDP floods that you mention are more or less constant, I would conclude they are not a problem to the daemon.

->HS