Re: debian-multimedia bug reports?

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 03:16:05PM +0200, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Rick Pasotto wrote:
> > Today I encountered a fatal error when running ffmpeg. When I ran
> > reportbug it tells me that my version is newer than the debian
> > version, probably because reportbug is not taking debian-multimedia
> > into account. Should I go ahead and file a bug report using reportbug
> > or by some other means?
>
> You should use reportbug and debian's bug tracking system for problems
> with packages from debian. debian-multimedia is *not* debian.
>
> From the web page at debian-multimedia.org:
>
> > If you find some broken dependencies or bugs in these packages, tell
> > me and don't report bugs to the BTS. Upstream bug report should be
> > sent to the respective author. (See the copyright file in
> > /usr/share/doc/<package>  for upstream e-mail address)

True.  However, it is possible (and recommended) for people who produce
non-official packages to put an address that reportbug can use.  In that
way, people can use reportbug on your package and the bug report will be
send to your own address of choice, instead of to the BTS.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez