Re: how can i make my package better ?

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 08:14:40PM +0300, Jabka Atu wrote:

> Hello ,...
> i have started learning how to create Debian packages.
> using the official
> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html and "
> Debian maintainers' guide " i created my first package.
>
> i need to understand how to alter the package that it may be added to
> Debian official repositories.
> so if someone could check the package and give his opinions about it
> (could e he please gives much comment as he can).
>

> Thnx in advance...
There is the debian-mentors.net and debian-women sites
they have mailing list and irc channels
To get a package into the debian archive, there are 2 ways:
have a sponsored upload or become a debian developer.
To become a debian developer, you join the new-maintainers queue and
fullfill those tasks which take about 1 year. The other option is to
seek a debian developer to sponsor your package. This means that they
examine it for policy compliance, bugs, code quality, etc. and if they
think its ok for Debian, they will upload it into the debian archive for
inclusion in 'unstable' where it will join the other 16,000 packages on
it happy little journey to 'stable'. The debian-mentors.net {website|irc
channel|mailing list} is the best way to get help as well as the info on
the debian-womens site.
Also, try to use linda and lintian to check your package.
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|