Re: Mount a Windows partition

Wayne Topa wrote:
Matthias Brennwald(matthias@brennwald.org) is reported to have said:
Dear all

I installed Debian Etch on a Dell D800 laptop. There's another partition
with Windows (an some of my files) on it. How can I mount this partition?

I tried the following so far:
- sudo apt-get install ntfsprogs
- sudo mkdir /mnt/windows
- sudo ntfsmount /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows -o fmask=0111,dmask=0
fusermount: failed to open /dev/fuse: No such file or directory
fuse_mount failed.
Unmounting /dev/hda1 ()

I don;t mess with ntfs but a quick scan of the package lists cane up
with the ntfsprogs package.  It includes /usr/bin/ntfsmount and the
depends maght help ie:
libfuse2 (>= 2.5), libntfs9 (>= 1.13.1), fuse-utils (>> 2.5.0)

:-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)

Wayne

You may need/want to add the 'fuse-utils', as well.

You then need to load the kernel module:

	modprobe fuse

This is (I believe, based on searching in /lib/modules) part of the kernel package, so it doesn't need to be installed, but you do need to load it, and make arrangements for it to be loaded on each boot. Edit the file '/etc/modules' and add the word 'fuse' on a line by itself, at the end.

Of course, the modprobe and edit must be done as root ;)

Bob