Re: Canon PowerShot A570IS

On Thu, 17 May 2007 18:08:40 -0700
Raquel <raquel@thericehouse.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 May 2007 17:24:36 -0700
> Raquel <raquel@thericehouse.net> wrote:
>
> > In the next couple of days I'm getting the A570IS and will be
> > wanting to upload images to my desktop and from there editing,
> > etc.  What is the best tool for Gnome?
> >
> > --
> > Raquel
> >

> I have gphoto2 working for downloading from the camera, but
> haven't been able to get gtkam to work.  I'm using Gimp for
> editing.
>
> --
> Raquel

I installed gphoto2 and also gthumb.  gthumb allows me to see
thumbnails of images on my hard drive and also allows me to download
images from the camera.

I quickly got tired of opening the connection cover on the camera
and plugging in the USB cable into the camera.  I bought a $30
SadDisk 12-in-1 card reader/writer.  It's wonderful!  The memory
card shows up as another drive that I can copy/move images from, and
even write to.

--
Raquel
What I am is good enough if I would only be it openly.