Re: checkrestart

On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:34:53 +0200
Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:

> After some security updates on etch, checkrestart complains about
> processes that should be restarted. However, these particular packages
> haven't been upgraded at all.
> Even a reboot doesn't make those go away. Something wrong?

Maybe. I use the command "lsof | grep 'path inode'" to identify
such processes. For example, after this morning's update in etch, it

    ~# lsof | grep 'path inode'
    gnome-cup 4794     otoolel  mem       REG        3,3
    2070470 /usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0.1 (path inode=2070469)

I suggest that that is a more reliable method of getting the
information you require.