Re: Ubuntu - change available screen resolutions

On May 21, 12:00 pm, RobG <r...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Hi, I have installed Ubuntu using VMWare Fusion beta on Mac OS X.
> During installation, I accidentally didn't include the correct screen
> resolutions and so only have the default 1024x786 and smaller. I have
> a MacBook and also use an external monitor, so I need to include
> 1280x1024 (external monitor) and 1280x800 (MacBook screen) in the
> available set of resolutions.
>
> How can I change the list of screen resolutions available in System ->
> Preferences -> Screen resolution?
>
> Also, please let me know if this is the appropriate place to ask such
> questions.

Thanks for the tips, I'll use the Ubuntu forum from now on.  For the
record, I ran:

  dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg -phigh

to change the available screen resolutions, then to get the VMWare
tools running (for much better video and mouse performance) I had to
install gcc and Linux header files, then run the installer following
the instructions here:

Again, thanks for you help :-)

--
Cheers, Rob