Re: Kernel 2.6.18-4 and acpi

On Sunday 20 May 2007 11:48, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> John Marks wrote:
> > Hello everyone,

Thank you everyone.  I am continuing to examine the problem.  This had
occurred to me when I first went to etch.  I had two sound cards at the time.
For some reason I thought that was the problem.  I took out my card and went
to the onboard alone and everything worked as it should.  I just shut the
machine down, replaced the card and restarted.  So far all is well again.
The load seems to be about where it should be.  Applications are starting at
normal speed, etc. I have not seen the acpi message about not being able to
turn on the cooling device and the thermal module is loaded.

John Marks