Re: network interfaces fail to start on boot

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 11:58:27PM +0200, David Fuchs wrote:
> hi all,
> I just installed Etch on a system with 3 network interfaces: eth0,
> eth1, lo. all network interfaces are configured as auto in
> /etc/network/interfaces.
> for some reason, the interfaces all fail to start on boot. I have to
> manually run ifup -a for them to work. how can I fix this?

Can you please post your /etc/network/interfaces and the output of
'dmesg | grep eth0'

> another nuisance: every 20 minutes, some process prints "-- MARK --"
> to the console. I've never seen this before on any system - what is
> this about?

That's strange. I know syslog prints this in /var/log/syslog if there's
nothing (notable) happening on your computer, but it shouldn't go to the
console. Did you change anything from the default setup?

(Albert Einstein)