[OT] Re: Sound not working on Mac PowerBook G4

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 20:43:44 +0200, Matthias Brennwald wrote:
> Dear all
>
> sound output is not working on my PowerBook G4 with Debian Etch. During
> boot I can see a message flashing by, saying something along the lines that
> snd_powermac encountered an error -12. Any hints or ideas?

Hi again,

It would be better to know the exact message. Try

dmesg | grep snd

right after boot.

Also post the output of:

lsmod | grep snd
lspci | egrep -i 'audio|media|sound'

("lsmod" lists all loaded modules/drivers and "lspci" lists your cards
 and other hardware on the PCI bus.)

          Florian   |