Re: installing tutos2

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 06:49:07PM +0200, csanyipal wrote:

> My /etc/postgresql/7.4/main/pg_hba.conf on my Debian Etch has the
> following lines enabled:
>
> ----------------------------------------->
> local  all  postgres  ident sameuser
> local  all  all	      ident sameuser
> host   all  all	      127.0.0.1	      255.255.255.255  md5
> host   all  all       ::1  ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff  md5
> -----------------------------------------<
>
> I can to do the following on xterm window:
>
> $ sudo su - postgres
> postgres@csanyi-pal:~$
>
> There I can to connect to the template1 database out there, or can
> create new users.
>
> But when I try to install tutos2 then get the abowe wroted errors. Why?
> Biang installing tutos2 I have to add password for postgres user; there
> I add the root password of my Debian system out there. Is it right?

The postgres user should not have a password!

Please post what shows up in the postgres logs when you try and install
tutos2.  To do this, open up a terminal window and run `sudo tail -f
/var/log/postgresql/postgres.log` and then run the installation of
tutos2.  Post what shows up in the postgres log here.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez