Touchpad speed

Dear all

moving the cursor with the touchpad of my PowerBook G4 is very slow in Debian Etch. I played around with the settings in xorg.conf, and that helped a bit, but it's still rather slow. I mainly played with 'AccelFactor' (I used values 0.001, 0.01, 0.1, 1, and 10) and 'HorizScrollDelta' and 'VertScrollDelta' (I used values 0, 1, 10 and 100). My current settings are:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
        Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "100"
        Option          "VertScrollDelta"       "100"
        Option          "AccelFactor"           "0.01"
EndSection

Any ideas or hints on how to speed up my cursor from the touchpad?

Matthias