thank you Debian Kernel Team!

Hi,

Linux-source-2.6.21 is out in Sid. Good job!

I use it to generate my own Debian stock kernel plus some changes:
- take out CONFIG_PARAVIRT (to be able to use the nvidia closed source driver)
- take out CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE
- set CONFIG_PREEMPT
- set CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME

Then I add debian-logo-2.6.x.patch and 2.6.21-ck2 from:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/
and annotate logo_linux_debian.ppm with details, then:
- set CONFIG_LOGO
- set CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_DEBIAN

I then generate the linux-image and linux-headers packages following:
4.2 Rebuilding an official Debian kernel package in the Kernel Handbook:
http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/

However, I find it easier only to install the generated linux-image .deb and *not* the linux-headers .deb because the latter always has some time-wise trailing dependencies and you *have* the build source available, so just change the build link in /lib/modules after the image installation. Then install nvidia.

I doubt that the Debian Kernel Team reads the list, but thanks anyway for a super job well done.

Hugo Vanwoerkom