Re: list running applications

BartlebyScrivener wrote:

I have been play with the ps command and trying various options. Is
there an option combo that will show me just the running applications:
firefox, gvim, mutt, etc? Or another Linux command that will show me
just the applications I have opened in various terminals? I'm looking
for the equivalent of what you get on Windows XP when you triple
finger and select the applications tab instead of the processes tab.

It's not entirely clear what you mean by "just the running
applications", but the following will list all processes
currently running for user bob:

ps aux | grep ^bob