Re: can you recommend any open source presentation tool?

Tyler Smith wrote in Article
<[🔎] slrnf4olrd.3lo.tyler.smith@blackbart.mynetwork> posted to
gmane.linux.debian.user:

> On 2007-05-17, Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
>> Serena Cantor wrote in Article
>> <[🔎] 371037.10735.qm@web35714.mail.mud.yahoo.com> posted to
>> gmane.linux.debian.user:
>>
>>> Which software is Linux's equivalence of M$'s PowerPoint?
>>
>> Openoffice.org has Impress, which is probably what you're looking for.
>> It's deprecating Powerpoint at this point.
>
> That would be great news, but why do you have that impression?
> Powerpoint is still the standard at my school and at any conferences I
> have attended in the last year.

OpenOffice's format is the only format recognized by many of my customers.
If I sent them an MS Office document, they'd react like I dropped a dog
turd in their lap.

--
Paul Johnson