Re: Problems getting pics from Minolta

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 05/12/07 19:52, Frank McCormick wrote:
>> Can someone help diagnose this problem on  Debian Sid ?
>
>> I am trying to get the photos off a Minolta Dimage E201 digital
>> camera.
>
>> It is recognized :
>
> [snip]
>> This same camera worked flawlessly on my wife's XP computer for a
>> couple of years.
>
> Is this with a USB cable plugged directly into the camera?

  Yup

> Do you turn off the camera before attaching the cable to both the
> camera and PC?

  Yup

> Are you sure that you have correct file permissions?

  Yup

> Have you tried gphoto2 in --debug mode?
>
> # gphoto2 --debug --auto-detect

  No, but the problem is more basic than that, The camera is
recognized, but after mounting sometime the pics are OK, sometimes
the pics are corrupt.

> It might be futile, though:
>
> $ gphoto2 --list-cameras | grep [Mm]inolta
>         "Konica-Minolta DiMAGE A2 (PTP mode)"
>         "Konica-Minolta DiMAGE Z2 (PictBridge mode)"
>         "Konica-Minolta DiMAGE Z3 (PictBridge mode)"
>         "Konica-Minolta DiMAGE Z5 (PictBridge mode)"
>         "Minolta Dimage V"

  Probably.

  I have been having a long convo with Florian Kulzer about this
and i think my conclusion is a bad card. It does not show a partition
like this:

  Disk /dev/sda: 7 MB, 7954432 bytes
>> 1 heads, 16 sectors/track, 971 cylinders
>> Units = cylinders of 16 * 512 = 8192 bytes
>>
>>    Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
>> frank@debian:~$

  I am going to try a new card unless someone here tells me that
no partition is normal for a CompactFlash card (8 mb).

Cheers

Frank