Re: Packaged version of killfile?

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 07:49:55AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Karl E. Jorgensen wrote in Article
> <[🔎] 20070515104513.GA4144@einstein.jorgensen.org.uk> posted to
> gmane.linux.debian.user:
>
> > Despite searching everywhere (I think...) I could not find a packaged
> > version of "killfile" or anything related to that.
>
> It's a nickname for the filter feature in your mail or news reader.
>
> > Although I ended up writing my own (which kills threads based on
> > Message-IDs), I'd rather be using something "supported"...
>
> This is a function of your MUA, most decent mail readers and all news
> readers worthy of being called such support highlight/kill by thread,
> usually in a single keystroke.

I have to admit my ignorance then. I'm a keen mutt user, but I cannot
find that feature (!)

I can delete threads OK, but I had to resort to procmail rules in order
to direct any *future* replies in the thread to /dev/null.
to .procmailrc rules.

My problem is the "(Way) OT Threads" threads that I'd rather just ignore
it for the future.  And since I do not want to blacklist individuals I
have to blacklist by MessageIDs in the References: header... And it's
handy to kill off threads for other reasons (i.e. "looks boring",
whatever)

Any RTFM pointers?

--
Karl E. Jorgensen