Re: creating a debian/etch over a xubuntu installation

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 05:24:40PM +0200, mess-mate wrote:
> Hi list,
> i've a machine with xubuntu installed.
> The machine have ONLY a hd partioned like this:
> HD = 6000M
> hda1= / = 5650M
> hda2= swap = 50M
> hda3 = 300M
> I did a debootstrap on the hda3 partition and the etch base is there
> installed.
> Have to correct grub to boot etch on hda3, seems not a problem.
> But after that how can i reinstall etch on hda1 ?
> Maybe a second debootstrap ?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestion
> mess-mate
I think you need a kernel for the hda3 and then setup grub.
once you can boot to hda3, then you can erase and reformat hda1 and copy
hda3 to hda1. Then you reconfigure it to boot from hda1. then you can
make hda1 /(root).

But check the debian reference for the regular debootstrap proceudre.
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|