Re: I dont want to receive mail from Cron.

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 12:10:57AM +0300, Semih Gokalp wrote:
> Ok.I removed "&& /usr/bin/freshclam >/dev/null" in freshclam cron files and
> solved my problem.
Bad idea.

I'd choose one of the following options:

a) dpkg-reconfigure the clamav-freshclam package and choose to not run
freshclam automatically

b) As said use the recent package from volatile.debian.org so that it
doesn't complain about the outdated version.

c) Send the freshclam output completly into /dev/null with a line like
 /foo/bar/freshclam > /dev/null 2>&1 > /dev/null

To simply brake the script is not a good idea IMHO and a virus scanner
without updates is useless and harmfull, too.

Sven
--
If you won't forgive me the rest of my life
Let me apologize while I'm still alive